Flight Club 502 has been the recipient of the donation of this Classic 1946 Piper Super Cruiser. The plane has less than 3,000 hours total time on the airframe and the last annual was June 12, 2019. The 100 HP Lycoming O-235 engine has 760 hours SMOH with a single seat in the front and a bench seat in the back. Flight Club 502 has decided to raffle this plane in order to raise funds to buy an additional training airplane and provide ongoing aviation scholarships to some of our student members. Click on the link below to buy your ticket today!!!
Entries close December 17, 2019 at 7:00PM EST.
Rules and Regulations:
- This is a Raffle – not a contest. 100% of the money raised goes to Flight Club 502, Inc. to further the teaching of young students about leadership and success through realistic goal setting in an aviation environment. A participant purchases a chance at a prize, with the winner determined by a random drawing to take place in Louisville, KY on December 20, 2019.
- This Raffle is not valid if it is illegal where you live. You must verify that it is legal, not us, before you buy a Raffle Ticket.
- You may participate by purchasing as many raffle tickets as you wish. Every ticket will be issued with a discrete number by the raffle program and that number is not repeated. So if you buy more than one ticket, each will have a different number on it. The ticket numbers will be emailed to the email address you provide. We are not responsible for any lost or misdirected email.
- The deadline to be eligible for the drawing is to purchase your ticket before 5,000 tickets are sold or by December 17, 2019, whichever comes first. Anyone that buys a ticket after 5,000 tickets have been sold will have their purchase fully refunded. We aren’t responsible if your purchase cannot be processed because we have already sold 5,000 tickets or if your payment arrives after such sales.
- There is the choice of one of two prizes: The first choice is a 1946 Piper Super Cruiser (PA-12) with less than 3,000 hours total time on the airframe. The 100 HP Lycoming O235C engine has 670 hours SMOH. The last annual was June 12, 2019. This 3 place airplane has a single seat in the front and a bench seat in the back of the wide cabin. The airplane is soloed from the front seat. It has a 38 gallon fuel capacity and has always been hangered. It has a starter and a basic panel with COMM radio and GPS. The plane value is estimated at $41,000. Prize must be claimed by January 31, 2020. The second choice is $15,000. Prize must be claimed by January 31, 2020.
- The winner will be notified by phone and all participants will be notified on the raffle website. If a potential winner (or his/her guardian if he/she is a resident of a location that deems him/her to be a minor) cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been extended, or he/she is determined to be ineligible, or he/she cannot or does not comply with our Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified, and the prize will not be awarded to that potential winner, or if the winner declines acceptance of the prize, Flight Club 502 reserves the right to not award the prize.
- Any taxes that may be due because you have won this prize are your responsibility. Appropriate reporting to the winner and IRS will be provided. In order to award the prize, the winner must complete all documents including FAA Aircraft Registration Application, IRS Form W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification, Affidavit and Release, and other documents required to take possession of the prize. Winner must receive the prize at a location determined by Flight Club 502, Inc. at its sole discretion. The winner will receive the aircraft “AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL DEFECTS LATENT AND PATENT.” THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY OF GOOD TITLE TO THE AIRCRAFT. The winner should have the aircraft inspected by a certified mechanic, prior to flying the aircraft, to confirm airworthiness. Winner is solely responsible for all taxes (including federal, state, and local and or income), registration, insurance and other expenses incurred with claiming the prize. The winner will receive an IRS Form W-2G from Flight Club 502, Inc. (for the calendar year the prize was awarded) for the total value of the prize determined by Flight Club 502, Inc. If a winner chooses to forfeit his/her prize and does not receive a Form W-2G he/she must do so prior to receiving the prize. The IRS requires withholding for non-cash prizes with a value exceeding $5000.00 after deducting the cost of the winner’s ticket. The winner pays the withholding tax to Flight Club 502, Inc. at the rate of 25% of the prize value.
- Flight Club 502, Inc. is not responsible or liable for information that is not in compliance with these rules.
- By entering this raffle, each entrant releases Flight Club 502 (FC 502), its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind ( including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) caused by participating in the raffle or winning any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, and each winner agrees to indemnify and hold FC 502 harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising from, in connection with, or as a result of participating in the raffle or the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize. A raffle entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy for any claim against FC 502 arising out of the sale of tickets or the conduct of the raffle shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her ticket(s). In no event shall FC 502, its directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives be liable to any party for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any person or entity whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.