Sunday, October 18th and Sunday, October 25th from 1PM – 5PM.
Introduction to Aviation Ground School:
Taught by Senior FC members. Grades: 9th – 12th. Recommended donation: $300. Includes class, club t-shirt, first flight (Young Eagle Flight), Sporty’s online ground school and use of Redbird Simulator. (If you cannot contribute this recommended amount – then chose the “other” option). This class is a pre-requisite to Flight Club 502 Membership.
Text or Call CFI Paul Wirkowski on his cell, 516-695-8924, to schedule your young eagle flight.
Yearly membership for flying members (AKA Flight Crew) is $150 and for nonflying members (AKA Ground Crew) (less than 5 hours per year or under 16 years old) $50.
Information to be covered:
Learn to fly orientation
- Requirements for Private Pilot Certificate.
- Aircraft Components
- Basic Aerodynamics
- Flight organizations and Jobs in Aviation
- Aircraft Engines
- Flight Instruments
- Flight Controls
- Use of Checklists
- Taxi procedures
- Fundamentals of Flight (Climbs, Descents, Straight and Level and Turns)
Flight planning continued
- Introduction to the section chart
- Weather Theory
- Weather services
Medical factors and decision making
- Airspace and Airport Operations
- Aeromedical Factors
- Aeronautical Decision Making